Have you gotten Ghetto at Ann's Snack Bar? If so, tell us about your experience in the comments section! If you haven't been, go! The wait is worth the experience of a lifetime!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
If You Don't get Ghetto in the Hood, You'll Hate Yourself Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Past Repeats
-
▼
2009
(238)
-
▼
May
(31)
- If You Don't get Ghetto in the Hood, You'll Hate Y...
- Cuerno gets trampled in the Running of the Bulls! ...
- Lenox Square 'bout to get up in yo' grill! Lenox S...
- Adrenalina Runs Out of Energy At North Point Mall
- Owners Behind Carpe Diem Seize Former Allegro Space
- Phipps Plaza Debacle
- Invitation only! Brown & Company Gold Party?
- Luxury Wing Loses First Wingman As Rachel Ashwell ...
- Georgian Terrace Gala One For The Books
- Ann's Snack Bar, Home Of The "World Famous Ghetto ...
- WaterHaven Attempts World Domination By Taking Ove...
- Sembler's TOWN Brookhaven In Jeopardy
- Local Franchisee Sets Her Sights On Vinings For Ne...
- Pure Taqueria Making A Splash in Former Inman Park...
- Artmore Hotel Midtown Atlanta Opens After Extensiv...
- What is Your Favorite FroYo in Atlanta? Yogurberry...
- Sprouts Takes Root in Emory Village! Grand Opening...
- Au Bon (In) PAIN , Evicted From Downtown Atlanta L...
- Space Across From PARISH Leased To _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?
- Holy Cow! Abattoir Awaits Illinois Exported Calf!
- TASTY Savings on Restaurant.com
- Meehan's Public House Opening This November at 180...
- AƩropostale Takes Flight to Lenox Square!
- III Forks and Cantina Laredo Terminal at Terminus ...
- Agnes & Muriel's in Buckhead: "Out of Business!"
- Prickly Pear Taqueria Soon to Fix Midtown's Taco...
- DrewLewis Takes On The Universe (al) Gear Space!
- Back To Basics, Here To Serve Opening Second Noche
- Wanna Win? Brad Williford Wins First Repeat Atlant...
- Brides May Have To Hope For Bargains Elsewhere As ...
- Rock Bottom Brewery Bottoms Out In Buckhead
-
▼
May
(31)
She needs to raise those prices especially with all the buzz! She can easily get $15 for those combos. She deserves a nice retirement after all that cookin'!
ReplyDeleteHer ghetto burger is indeed one of the best you will ever have and she is a feisty woman and will curse you out in a heart beat if you dont follow procedure but is still one of the sweetest ladies i have ever met
ReplyDeleteHoney, I would not wait 5 hours to eat anywhere. It looked good though :)
ReplyDelete5 hours in line for a cheeseburger?!?! Come on Caleb. Don't you have school... I haven't tried it so I can't say but I have heard its WAY over-hyped. A friend who is in the restaurant biz waited 2 hours last week and was less than impressed. The fries in your picture look like garbage. We need to get Culver's down south. The buttered steak burger with cheese rocks. Its similar to Steak n Shake (who doesn't get enought credit for their burgers) and much better than 5 Guys. I hear US Cafe in Smynra is very good but I have yet to try that either.
ReplyDeleteHey Anonymous 3:26,
ReplyDeleteActually, no school during the summer but 40hrs a week at State Farm! I admit, 5 hours was a lot, and I wouldn't do it again, but when I re-heated the burger the next day, it was all worth it. The french fries are ordinary but Ann is very particular about serving them from the frier so they are piping hot (pair that with the season-all spice, and its good enough).
I would agree that the food is over-hyped, and your restaurant friend might have a valid point, but it's about the experience: food from a woman who loves what she is doing and believes in her product 110%. I think if anything, it teaches patience and makes you realize that food at our finger tips should not be taken for granted. Ann has made a modest living for herself, but she loves the joy her comfort food brings to those who wait.